Agrocel Industries PVT LTD (Agrocel)
works towards creating a self sustaining rural ecosystem that supports economy and trade. Located in the Kachchch region – western region of India – Agrocel comprises of two business divisions; the Marine Chemicals Division with manufacturing located in the Rann of Kachchh and Agri Service Division located at Koday, Mandvi.
Agrocel's Marine Chemicals Division has turned Rann's harsh geography and climatic conditions into opportunities by establishing a manufacturing facility for extracting Bromine from sea water, thereby using a renewable resource to generate employment and livelihood for over 500 families who otherwise did not have any source of income.
Agrocel's Agri Service division is focused on providing service to farmers by promoting sustainable agriculture through capacity building, knowledge and skill transfer. It provides service to farmers by:
- improving soil health and nutrition
- managing water and irrigation
- facilitating access to quality seed and inputs
- improving quality and yield of output
- providing market access for their output
- bringing awareness on issues such as decent work, child labour, gender equality, community development etc.